1. Poor drainage: The City of San Antonio has experienced flooding issues due to its location in a river basin. Home inspectors will check for proper drainage around the property, including downspouts and gutters, to ensure they are clear of debris and directing water away from the house.
2. Roof damage: The climate in San Antonio can cause wear and tear on roofs, leading to water damage, missing shingles, and other issues. Home inspectors will check for any damage and signs of leaks.
3. Faulty electrical systems: Outdated electrical wiring and circuits can be a safety hazard. Home inspectors will check for any signs of overloading, improper grounding, and other electrical issues.
4. Foundation cracks: The expansive clay soil common to San Antonio can cause foundation cracks due to shifting of the ground. Home inspectors will check for any signs of cracking, which can lead to costly foundation repairs.
5. Plumbing problems: Corrosion and hard water can cause plumbing problems in San Antonio. Home inspectors will check for any signs of leaking pipes, clogged drains, or other plumbing issues.