1. Poorly maintained roofing: Missing or damaged shingles, worn-out flashing, and cracked sealants.
2. Faulty wiring: Unsafely installed outlets, switches, and wiring that is not up to code.
3. Leaks and drainage issues: Clogged gutters, improperly installed downspouts, and cracked seals around windows and doors.
4. Structural issues: Cracks in walls or foundations, sagging floors, and improperly installed beams and joists.
5. Mold or mildew: Unexplained moisture spots or musty odors can indicate mold or mildew growth.
6. Plumbing problems: Leaky pipes, clogged drains, and improperly installed plumbing fixtures.
7. Faulty HVAC systems: Worn-out filters, faulty thermostats, and improperly installed ducts.
8. Damaged insulation: Insulation exposed to moisture or pests or not up to current standards.
9. Poor ventilation: Lack of airflow in the attic or crawl spaces or inadequate exhaust fans in bathrooms and kitchens.
10. Pest infestations: Evidence of mice, termites.